TO THE TOP for SideQuest VR
A downloadable game
Note: This game is built for the Oculus Quest and should be installed with SideQuest. Full single player campaign, no multiplayer.
VR Platforming Game, that gives you the freedom to move across the environment with superhuman abilities. Conquer over 35 levels with new obstacles and challenges. Compete for the fastest times or explore the environment. Experience the freedom of movement.
“TO THE TOP is still one of the most singularly fun experiences I’ve ever had inside my VR headset”
9/10 – UploadVR
“9/10 Making the leap onto your must-play list “
-Official PlayStation Magazine
Our core motivation for creating TO THE TOP was to create a movement mechanic that is simple to use, takes advantages of VR input, and feels very comfortable to play. We spent a year testing and tuning this system, until it felt like a movement system that was not only fun to use but also opened the door to create brand new gameplay that has not been seen in platforming games before.
- Climb - Grab with one hand at a time, to move across surfaces, up over or around. You can climb 360 around objects.
- Leap - Grab on with both hands, look at where you want to go and release to leap. Perform consecutive leaps to build up speed and power.
- Air Control - While leaping through the air, you can control your fall with the direction you are looking.
- Skate - Green surfaces can be skated on. Grab them, point in the direction you want to go and skate across the surface.
- Fly - Equipped with Jet Hands, you can fly through the sky.
- And more …
Inspired by classic platforming games like the Super Mario series, we wanted to distill what made the genre so great and bring these concepts back in a brand new way. With this in mind we were able to bring a new level of skill, challenge, and discovery to VR. So you can come back again and again in the pursuit of bettering your skills and master the game.
- Easy to Pick Up - Controls are easy to use and do not require many buttons or gestures. New or hardcore gamers can easily jump into TO THE TOP.
- Hard to Master - To earn the best times and collect all of the items. You need to master all of the movement mechanics to pounce though the levels like a robotic cheetah.
- Learn the Environment - Each level can be traversed not only horizontally but vertically as well. It is important to learn these layouts and figure out the best paths through the levels.
- Challenging Obstacles - Each new level brings a new challenging obstacle to overcome ranging from Wall Runs to a giant moving robot you need to climb.
- Hidden Areas - Discover hidden paths in each level to earn a Medal.
TO THE TOP is the start of something great and we wanted to make sure players had a complete package of a game with hours of content to discover
- 35 Levels to Play - Each level brings new challenges and environments to discover.
- Over 30 Customizable Options to Unlock - Customize your robot ranging from hands, torso, and head.
- 3 Time Goals to Conquer Per Level - Each level has multiple time goals that range in difficulty.
- 2 Collectable Goals Per Level - Take your time and explore each level to discover Geoms to collect and a Hidden Medal.
TO THE TOP was made in Austin, TX and we were inspired by the local music that is a part of our scene. We are fortunate to have their music on the TO THE TOP soundtrack. So make sure to play with headphones on and turn it all the way up!
- Mirror Mask
- Night Drive
- Sip Sip
TO THE TOP is an independent project created by Electric Hat Games LLC
|Updated||29 days ago|
|Authors||Electric Hat Games, Rmatey|
|Made with||Unity, 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter & designer|
|Tags||Cult Classic, First-Person, fps-platformer, Music, Non violent, oculus-quest, Parkour, Singleplayer, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||Arabic, Danish, German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You can disable Grip and Stick turning in the options on your arm. I turned them both off immediately and just turn my body manually.
5/5 This game is amazing in how much you would think this is how a Nintendo made platformer might feel for the first time in VR. They have nailed so many aspects of doing platforming in VR to make it fun it's really incredible given how early we are into this medium of gaming. The fact the levels can be unlocked either by completing other levels faster or exploring for hidden items is a great way to give players options in ways to experience the amazing gameplay and levels.
If ideas like American Ninja Warrior or Mario are something that interest you then this is an obvious game to give a try. The levels do seem very simple at first but having just unlocked the Medium levels I can say the amount of complex gimmicks you have to keep up with as you platform continues to go up to make it both a mental and dexterity challenge very quickly. Highly recommend!
Just Purchased! Writting checks to back up your mouth! Go Sidequest!
Such a good game; To the Top is one of my favorite VR games, and I can't believe it's finally out on Quest. Every level is an incredible journey of parkour, there are collectibles and secrets to discover, and the soundtrack is so good I have the songs on my phone.
Get this game for the adventure, and get hooked to the adrenaline.
BUY THIS GAME. This game stills holds up since the original release.